Wednesday 14 April 2010

Textured Identity



For this piece of work, I will be considering semiotics and how texture can impact the connotations conveyed by the audience. My physical form not only signifies my existence, but it also portrays my personality. Taking into consideration the ideological value, that appearance is important; I shall briefly explore personality through aesthetics.

The use of texture, adds depth to the image, this acts as a metaphor: 'there is more to what meets the eye.' The green space was made from dried grass. Nature is an aspect of my identity as it is something I enjoy being around. The complimenting blue tones in the sky are formed by various pieces of thread, paper and ribbon. This may be for dramatic effect, but it also represents the creativity and imagination that i possess.

In a sense, I feel that this representation portrays society as it is created by many fragments of nature and mankind – both of these influences impact our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment