Wednesday 14 April 2010

Abstract Lily



This photograph was taken in my bedroom with a Fuji Finepix S1500 and edited in Photoshop CS2. The purpose of this photograph was to capture the lily in a bouquet of flowers. The camera setting was set to scene recognition. Although I tried many other settings, this one seemed most appropriate and formed better quality.

The contrast between the colour and desaturation is very apparent. The vivid pink of the lily grabs the attention of the audience, especially as it dominates the majority of the close-up frame. We can make connotations that the smaller flowers surrounding the lily are less significant, weaker, as the lily is reaching above them, striving towards the sunlight.

Although this photograph can be improved upon, I particularly like it because I can relate it to my identity. Lilies are my favourite flowers, and in a sense this photograph could act as a metaphor for my self, as I like to stand proud and strive towards my aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment